论坛

Suggestions for Lake visit, S. Chenggong area

jj123 (99 posts) • 0

Does anyone have any suggestions for visiting the lake in South Chenggong?
I saw on the map a couple of parks west of the last couple of subway stops but have no idea if they would be good choices to hang out at the lake.
Or any other locations or ideas for visiting?

Taking two young kids as well, so that is a consideration also.

THX

zehnerzehner (9 posts) • +1

Luolong park is really nice.

There is another nice park across from the mall. Lots of picnic spots in there.

Ishmael (462 posts) • -4
Comment hidden by user downvote 点击展开更多

Gokunming website is telling me zehner's post was 16 hours ago. It is presently 1:05PM in Kunming, Feb. 1. I think he posted maybe 45 minutes ago.
Lunar New Year Time?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I am not sure if they are parks or part of University or Yunnan Bai Yao's campuses.

The one lake the metro is Guanshan reservoir.

Looking at google satellite images it looks like it is attached to the Yunnan Bai Yao facility. There appears to be agriculture and not much else. However there is road access to parts of the lakeside.
The next nearest is 2km south Hengchong reservoir. It does not look like there is much access to water side. No sign of cars on the roads near the lake and it might be gated.

About another 1km west is Shaoshan Reservoir, there is a resort listed on the west side. That means that there will be access to the water’s edge at least, although swimming may not be allowed.

If you have bikes, it might be worth doing a tour of the three lakes. They are also close enough to walk if you wanted a day out.

Didi chi is so convenient, you could even go to the end of the subway and try that for transport.

If you main factor is near the metro, there are a couple of nice parks within easy walk of ChunRongJie metro station in the north of Chenggong.

Let us know what you find.

zehnerzehner (9 posts) • +2

Most of the nicer areas are off limits now as it's dry season. The guards will stop you if you want to go up into the hills or forest areas.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

One thing I often miss is the freedom of access to the countryside, bridle paths (tracks foot and bicycles only) and getting away from traffic, that I had in the UK.
I live in Dianchi Resort area, and it is a frikin nightmare at times. An area not really suitable for cyclists, or even pedestrians a lot of the time.
I wish they would build a cycle path around Dianchi, or even just the Grass Sea. i am sure it would be popular and draw tourists.

jj123 (99 posts) • +1

Being here now for a few days near University Town, the first thing I thought was "hey I can ride my bike again without fear of dying" :)

I'm sure it will change when the students all come back, but right now its pretty wide open and so far we are enjoying the peacefulness.

Hopefully can find some paths in the local hills once we start getting around more.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Nice walk, you can get in for free now, but stay away at weekends and public holidays.
Also, on the Huanhe Lu, south of Duonan , for several km they have turned the area by one side of the road into walkways and gardens.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

There are many wetland parks on or near the eastern shore, and I've been to several of them. Lao Yu He is probably the biggest one, with proper restaurants options. It's also the most unique, as a lot of it is semi-flooded pine forest. The part on the lake shore has a little beach and wooden piers with great views of the lake and the mountains on the other side. At this time of year there are also gulls. Depending on where you live, other parks may be closer, but the Lao Yu He park is only about a 10minute drive from the end of the subway.

Related forum threads

Login to post