论坛

Other cities have sites like "GoKunming"?

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

But was the vote to unionize by Gothamist & DNAinfo editors & reporters a factor in their shutting down?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +1

if you read wider, you would find out in the summer ricketts said he does not want unions in businesses he creates. staff in only one newsroom voting to unionise later rickets closing down the whole lot, draw your own concls. like i said, welcome to the new normal, the one jeff flake was on about

Napoleon (1187 posts) • +1

You won't get me I'm part of the union.

How noble of him to cut his nose off to spite his face. I wish him every disaster in his future ventures.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

I don't get why he didn't sell the operations instead of just cold shutting them down. Or were they really not profitable enough for anyone to want to buy..

Of course if he just really wanted to make a statement about unions and because of that refused to sell. Though I would have expected much clearer commnication about his reasoning in that case.

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • -1

That's American quid pro quo politics for you.

1. Ricketts donates 6M to anti-Trump super PAC.

2. Gets threatened by Trump.

3. About-face, Ricketts donates 15M to pro-Trump super PAC.

4. Son Tod Rickets gets nominated by then President-Elect Donald Trump to be the US Deputy Secretary of Commerce.

Geezer (1953 posts) • -2

How about:

1. Was before Trump was nominated

3. Was after Trump was the Republican nominee

Add:

5. Joe Ricketts was extremely anti Obama in 2012 and spent a lot of money against him

6. Daughter Laura Ricketts, is openly gay and is/was a fund raiser for Hillary Clinton

Related forum threads

Login to post