论坛

Going out / Meeting people

LuaLuna (4 posts) • 0

Hi Guys, I was wondering about where to go for a drink while getting to know a few people around? A few years back we used to go to the Moondog, but I've heard that changed these days. I'd love to get to know a few people here :)

Cheers!

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

If 'people' means 'western foreigners', try the places listed on the gokunming calendar. The DT Bar courtyard on Sundays from 4-5 o'clock on is indeed a good one - laid back, not all noise, but with a little live music on & off - people of various ages & origins, quite a few with kids running around not getting in anybody's way.

LuaLuna (4 posts) • 0

Thank you! Sorry, 'People' referring to both western foreigners and Chinese alike! I've been studying Chinese a few years back here myself and still speak some Chinese :). I'll happily check the DTBar on Sunday, any other recommendations apart from Sunday's?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Plenty of activities (meeting foreign or chinese) to be found on this website that do NOT entail going to bars.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Always the usual spot of Sal's. But you have 75/25 chance of meeting tourists during summer. Seems FuBar has taken on what Moondog used to be, so try there.

darkone264 (108 posts) • 0

Moondog has quite a few foreigners and chinese both local and tourists its also pretty quiet during the week

has different variety of live music and good drink specials, a nice place to meet people and enjoy the evening

Related forum threads

Login to post