论坛

Chinese Thinking "love" young female/old male

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Yes, that was all about nationality.
Hong Kong allowed it much earlier, so that was your backdoor to marring a ethnic Chinese girl if you were that determined.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

@Geezer, then your kids are like me, half Asian, half White, not either Asian or White. You might have your opinion to not distinguish between them as a loving parent, but that still doesn't change the fact that they are mixed.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@yankee: Mixed race, right? Meaning...?

Sorry, but the devil is in the details, not just of behavior, but also of thought.

Clearly he means a child of whose parents are from 2 different races.

That's an American term I think.

Am I missing something?

It seems an odd term to use as surely most people have different races in them. Gaelic, Slavic, Pole, Anglo-Saxon etc. Most of Europe is probably mixed race but it doesn't even get mentioned there, unless it's in a trouble spot, Kosovo, N.Ireland etc.

Surely the same in America with all the immigration that went on from those countries,

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Yeah, before you can have 'mixed races' you have to have 'races', and that's the ambiguous concept that causes so much trouble. We're talking about human differences analogous to the variations in saltiness of different areas of the sea - both have to do with geography, climate, etc., over time. Hard to draw lines in the water.
Anyway, Chinese thinking (and most thinking) about age, love etc. is obviously a range of cultural attitudes, not racial ones - so is marriage of Chinese to non-Chinese, although the cultural attitude that comes to the fore often is thought of in terms of skin or hair color or 'blood', all of which are a matter of, well, the amount of salt in the sea.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Mixed, half breed, mongrel, mud, whatever pejorative you want to hang on them is your business.

White is a race. Asian is a race. Black is a race. Mixed is nothing.

No wonder you are so bitter. Man up dude. Decide who you are, go forth and slay dragons.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.