论坛

Part time / Extra / One off jobs

laofengzi (376 posts) • 0

Deported no...but you do have to leave the country no matter what to change visa. Once you're on the blacklist you cannot legally work again. Since the Foreign expert certificate is issued by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs which is who makes the blacklist.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Thanks - I never knew or heard of this before - News to me - Good to Know.

Some people can not understand the meaning of slavery. Yes, when you lose the freedom of choice you are trapped.

All the people here were blacklisted for leaving without authorization - In other words, if you realize your employer is a scumbag and you give notice to leave and try to present a formal resignation (Change your mind), they blacklist you.

Obviously we do not know all the details but I can imagine this goes on. I am sure some of them were not trying to keep their visa, they just wanted to go but the employer screwed them for changing their mind - Slavery! So I understand your point.

On the other hand, I am sure there are some slick laowais who are trying to keep their visa and move to another school with their visa - This is wrong and manipulative.

I firmly believe that if school X gives you a visa then you must work for that school and that school only.

I do know some laowais who get a visa at school X and then go to work for school Y and Z.

Eventually they miss classes at the school that gave them their visa to get more pay at another school - VERY WRONG. These people give other laowais a Bad Name.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I have changed jobs before my contract expired twice, and still got new visas, for the new employers, without having to leave China.
The first time I resigned from a shitty employer, the second time was because of relocation.

If you have met the obligations of your contract, and given proper notice, you should not have a problem. If the employer cancels your RP/visa they need to explain why. If you just walk out on your employer, or have to be fired, that is a different ball game. Every contract I have ever had contained clauses related to the giving of notice etc. Any contract that does not is probably non compliant with Chinese labor laws.

The rule about being 'blacklisted' and not being able to work as a teacher again for 3 years was, I believe, originally brought in to solve a problem in the public sector.
Remember that if there is a dispute, this is also a black mark against the employer with the PSB. The private sector employer does not want to attract this kind of attention and the aggravation it brings, they could lose the privilege of employing foreigners. The PSB don't like the paperwork either.

So you were lucky then?
You have like 14 days after your RP is canceled to GTFO of china. For you to cancel a contract before it expires you would then be listed and cant get a new FEC for a min of 3 years.

But im sure you're talking about the old times when ANYONE could get a Z visa.

*edit* re-read after your edit, i saw the part about the contract clause. But you'd still have 14 days to obtain a new visa from a new sponsor. I believe you, and have no doubt. But for people reading this in the recent years things are getting pretty strict.

Then I have been lucky twice. If you walk out of a job and burn your bridges, you do have a problem.
But I did not cancel my contract, I served proper notice, on both occasions. And after the regulation you keep piping on about came into effect.

tigertiger you win, you win. arguing on this is pointless. Its clear you're not on a Z visa anymore.

Agree. The regs apply to FEC type jobs. All of these have contract clauses related to proper contract termination.
Some other employers not covered in the regs may cite them to bamboozle the unknowing.

ALL (even the FOB tims on a spouse visa) contracts have clauses, but good luck getting that FEC book back. I mean, how could the great middle kingdom ever not follow laws, regulations, rules, and what not.

btw its Z visa to enter the country, you get here the company applies for FEC and RP. which takes about 2 weeks ;-)

forlorn (68 posts) • 0

laofengzi, I am sorry that you think so lowly of Kunming, but some of us really like it here.

Related forum threads

Login to post