论坛

Swimming in the Reservoir

rebobbinator (23 posts) • -1

I know it sounds crazy but I am pretty sure I have heard of people doing this before. Is it permitted to swim in the reservoir that feeds the Panlong river northeast of the city?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

NO! Immediately call 12345. Take a picture of the people swimming as well as the big sign that reads - No Swimming. There is usually a guard on duty nearby and he will be told by 12345 to immediately make those people get out of the reservoir.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I've seen many times on the news where kids drown swimming in these places. Clearly they know not to swim there since they have signs. Of course they just ignore the signs and then when their kids drown they want to blame the government. So typical. If you are a foreigner, don't even try this. Remember THEY will deport your ASS. They have swimming pools. Use them.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

some of these reservoirs are are then treated for domestic water. not desifned for people to pss in.

Thanks, AlexKMG, that's what I was looking for. Forgot where I had read it. I will check that place out soon and update this thread if it is still a good swimming hole.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Great! More people swimming in the reservoir - wonderful. I can not believe that something that should be prohibited it openly encouraged. Nice!

@HFCAMPO how do you manage to comment on every thread without ever saying something useful?

If you took a second to read the link that AlexKMG provided, you would see that the reservoir we are talking about is not for drinking water. It's not pumped anywhere. It's really just a pond. Don't worry, we're not going to pee in your tap water.

CromsonCromson (145 posts) • 0

Does the "reservoir" have water again? I would also like to check it out soon. Just saw an article that it was completely drowned in 2013.

I went to Zhaozong Reservoir last weekend. It's a really nice spot. There is a grassy spot by the water that's great for a picnic though not a great place to enter the water. Over by the dam is a better place to go in for a swim. There's a lot of water grass, which locals claim can grab your ankles and drag you to your death. A local boy also warned of poisonous snakes in the lake. So swim at your own risk!

I got there by riding my bike up the hill to 宝珠寺 (Baozhu Temple). It's a very steep hill and quite tiring on a bike. But there is probably a bus that goes up to the temple. At the top of the hill, where the road turns to the right, turn left onto a gravel road which leads right to the lake.

Have fun and don't feed the forum trolls!

Related forum threads

Login to post