论坛

Book Club Kunming

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Used to be an English-language book discussion group in Kunming, mostly fiction. We all read the same work, one chosen mutually, then talked about it - was every week, or maybe every 2 weeks. I'd like to get it going again.
Interest?

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

sorry, not interested.

however, i'd like to put in a plug for one of my favorite books:

The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff

laotou (1714 posts) • -1

Non-Fiction
The First 90 Days
Guidance on the first 90 days in office for new or incoming executives. NOT particularly applicable to asian (Chinese/Japanese) cultures.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

I'm definitely interested. I was part of the last book club, and it was a lot of fun.

I'd say the best thing would be for interested parties to bring a book or two to recommend at the first meeting.

BarbaraBarbara (63 posts) • 0

Slice of Heaven had a book club a few years back that petered out. However, we still have an impressive collection of English travel, fiction, and a little non fiction books that we are happy to lend out.
If anyone wants to resurrect a book club here, you are most welcome.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Plans for 1st meeting will be decided soon. I thought Muyu would be a good place to have the first one, but I hear it's closed - anybody know?

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

Muyu is still open although they do expect to be closed down sometime in the near future because of construction work. Actually they even had their electricity cut off for a while to encourage them to vacate but its back on now. Great place and people worth of support!

Related forum threads

Login to post