论坛

Cheng Gong Taxis

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

"The accepted rule for rounding is usually to the benefit of the driver"

How do you come to this conclusion? Percentage wise, wouldn't the fares be 50% of the time below 0.5 and 50% of the time above 0.5?

Anyway, what's your ideal taxi fare? Pay nothing?

You don't get that these people have to support their families and aren't making millions, do you? Or you do get it, but don't care?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Read again - Pay attention! Keep your opinions, bias and prejudices out of this as I am talking facts.

0.4 or less - round down
0.5 or more - round up

If you do not believe - make your own calls then share your expertise with us.

they're rounding down at 0.4. that means they're taking a loss on many (close to 50% ?) of the rides. still not good enough for you?

so what would be fair in your opinion? please tell me how you would structure it? and then calculate how much you would save in one year and how much you would screw the driver.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I never mentioned fair or unfair. Read again - Pay attention! Keep your opinions, bias and prejudices out of this as I am talking facts. Can you understand simple english?

If you do not believe - make your own calls then share your expertise with us.

Why should I make calls when I can have direct conversations with you, the all-time expert on taxi fares? You know more than Mr. Kun Ming about this stuff.

Ok, you didn't mention fair or unfair. So now I'm asking. Do you think it's fair or unfair? Fair for the passenger? Fair for the driver?

Related forum threads

Login to post