论坛

Cheng Gong Taxis

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

The taxis in CG will soon (May 2015) be under the supervision of Kunming. - I do not expect much to change but in the meantime here is some info to help.

At present the taxi fare is 5 Yuan/2km with 1.80/km.

The Fuel surcharge is 1.5 Yuan although most taxis still have the 3 Yuan sticker and openly tell you it is 3 Yuan.

A taxi ride from Lianda Subway Station to the North Gate or West Gate of Yunnan Normal University is only 1.5 km and 1.3 km respectively. The total fare with the meter is 6.5 Yuan but the drivers refuse to use the meter and charge 10 Yuan. They systematically do this and overcharge the (ignorant) students on a daily basis.

Here are the Taxi Rules for Kunming:

wenku.baidu.com/view/4e23917602768e9951e73831.html

Some good rules to remember:

Passenger Rights - 第二十条 乘客遇有下列情况之一,可拒绝支付车费

Do not have to pay if the driver does NOT use the meter: ()不使用计价器收费或者不按核定运价收费的

This is my usual behavior with taxis.

1 - Turn on the recorder on your phone - Get inside the taxi - then tell him the destination.

2 - If the driver quotes you a fare then you know he is NOT using the meter.

3 - Ask him to PLEASE USE THE METER. Everything he says after this point is more fuel for his own bonfire. If he still refuses to use the meter then he will get a fine for 300-500 Yuan.

4 - Now ask him very clearly - Are you refusing to use the meter? Are you refusing to give me service? Now the question and (perhaps if he replies) his answer is on the recording. This second question will cost him 1000-2000 Yuan for refusing service.

5 - Take a picture of his license plate.

6 - Do NOT call the complaint number on the side of the taxi - they are useless - call 6749-2014 and ask for Mr. Yu Ming Kun (余明昆).

7 - Tell him you have a picture of his license and a recording of everything he said.

If you make a complaint over the phone they are NOT required to give you a reply. Only when you write a letter will they send you a written reply with the results of his fine and supporting documents.

Good Luck!

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Yes, they prefer ignorant and cowardly locals who allow themselves to be cheated. The drivers are cheating 100s of students every day with this type of Illegal behavior but some people think this is the way it should be. Pay 10 when you should only have to pay 6.5 and get cheated more when going a longer distance.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Good grief, man.

You forgot to mention the preferred recording format.

Serrure (132 posts) • 0

At least they treat foreigners and locals the same. And so far Chenggong taxi drivers are a lot nicer than their Kunming counterparts.

Besides to get from Liandajiezhan to Shida you can take bus for 1 kuai (there are two lines and bus arrives more or less every 15 min), or heiche for 2 or 3 kuai (depends on which gate you want to get to), you can walk (it's a 10-15 minute walk), you can take diandongche for 5 or 10 kuai (again, depends on a gate). Often taxis take few students at the same time and split the price.

Is 3 kuai really worth all this recording, writing, calling, arguing?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

And so far Chenggong taxi drivers are a lot nicer than their Kunming counterparts. - You obviously have not been in Kunming long enough to know. I have NEVER had a Kunming driver not use the meter while in CG they habitually refuse to use the meter.

I have no idea what NICE means to you but all I care about is that they do their job and use the meter.

Is cheating 100s of students for 3 Yuan each and every day alright with you? Seems you do not mind. Perhaps you do not know students at the university as I do.

I have never had a driver not want to take me - but taxi drivers have told me they dont want to pick up some foreigners for the following reasons.

1 - they are drunk
2 - they are extremely obese and have trouble getting in the taxi
3 - they can not understand where the laowai wants to go.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

i think we can safely add serrure's reason to the list:

4 - they are afraid of being reported

Serrure (132 posts) • 0

I am studying at the university and I know how we students of Shida go from ditiezhan to school. You obviously do not know as you are not a student. It seems you have a lot of spare time so you can use it to fight this war for all of us. Good luck!

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

So my chinese wife must be a laowai now.

Since you have so many student friends you can ask the chinese students how they feel knowing they are cheated 3 yuan every time they get in a taxi. Cheated more for longer rides.

heiche for 2 or 3 kuai (depends on which gate you want to get to - You probably made a mistake when you wrote this or you have no clue what you are talking about.

Related forum threads

Login to post