论坛

Cafe or other to sell books

jgold (20 posts) • 0

I have a small collection of English books that I want to get rid of quickly and I am wondering if there are any cafes or places that buy second hand books. I don't really want to use the classified section here because I want to sell them in one go.

I figure that the restaurants that sell books (slice, Prague...ect.) must get them from somewhere

any advice?

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

Hiya I was in Mandarin Books on Wen Lin Jie yesterday. They had a sign up saying that they bought secondhand books. Personally I wouldnt go there again cos their attitude stinks but maybe u will have better luck selling stuff.

David

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Walk down Wenlin Jie towards the uni. There is a section where the road dips steeply down, and the sidewalk stays level. Just on the left there is a cafe (can't remember the name) and inside they do book exchange, and it is a big area like a small bookshop. They may buy books.

Don't expect to get much when selling books to a bookshop. They have to allow for the fact that they make take a long time to sell, if at all.

Alternatively you could put them up as a job lot on GoKunming, and accept a low price as there will be books that people don't really want. But at least they will be off your hands.

Related forum threads

Login to post