论坛

Life in Kunming

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

@lalataille, mmkunmingteacher, etc.

Your views are nonsense. People get diarrhea all the time from eating out in Kunming. In fact, Nailers view is actually closer to the truth. Kunming is the most unsanitary city to eat out in China. Poor quality oils, unsanitary conditions, and excessive chili oil. I used to think Chongqing was, but no, definitely Kunming.

Have you accessed healthcare in HK? If so, you wouldn't of even made that last idiotic statement.

latataille (118 posts) • 0

Alex, I do not "get diarrhea all the time". Where the hell are you eating that you have constant diarrhea? Geez. "Kunming is the most unsanitary city to eat out in China"? Do you have some evidence to back up that claim? Do you just hate Kunming? Why even live here if you have crippling diarrhea every day? Come on, millions of people eat out here all the time, and they do not ALL have CONSTANT diarrhea.

Alex, I have had healthcare in Kunming, yes. It was perfectly fine. To imply that ANYONE with ANY chronic illness just should not come here AT ALL, is ridiculous. What does that even mean? Let's say I get chronic headaches (which I do). Why should I not come to Kunming? How would my headaches be better in, say, Salt Lake City, Utah?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I eat in all the alleys where the locals eat.

I have lived in three Chinese cities. More diarrhea in Kunming than Chongqing and Shenzhen. More than Chongqing was a surprise since its quite dirty and spicy, but I guess they use less gutter oil there.

I have traveled to over twenty other major Chinese cities for extended time, very little diarrhea unless I eat around the train station. I've been to a lot more villages and small towns, but Chinese food is safer and tastier in those, so that's not a fair comparison.

Alex, fair enough. I understand that this is a problem for many people. I just find it hard to believe that the majority of the 7 million residents of Kunming have constant diarrhea. But I digress.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Your limited China experience makes you defend Kunming on an absurd "take it or leave it" level. I like this city, but if anyone in my family needs to go to the hospital or see a doctor on a regular basis, I'd easily choose HK over Kunming.

I would too, but that is a far cry from saying that no one with a chronic illness should ever come to Kunming. Also, what do you know about my China experience?

Dazzer, it is not a pissing contest. I just cannot remain silent when a handful of angry foreigners badmouth the city that I have chosen as my home. It scares people off.

If you were thinking of moving to Kunming, and you came to these forums, you would be scared off. All of the food is cooked in human feces! You will get diarrhea daily and other horrible health problems! All of the hospitals are terrible and will kill you! Chinese people are terrible and will mock you, mistreat you, spit on you, and rip you off at every chance! The language is too hard to learn! The pollution is unbearable!

Sorry, but those things are simply not true. Foreigners with an angry, depressed, bad attitude, seem to have a horrible time here, experiencing miserable problems every day. Other foreigners choose to have a positive attitude, to learn the language, to make Chinese friends, to fit in with the local culture, and to accept that this is a country on the other side of the world, with a different culture from Podunk, Arkansas, and these foreigners have the greatest time of their lives.The only difference is attitude.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

@lalataille, mmkunmingteacher, etc

I just recalled that under your previous alias, that you said you cooked at home all the time. Tofu and veggies. So of course, your not getting diarrhea since you can wash the ingredients correctly, choose how much chili to add, use decent quality cooking oil, eat on clean plates and bowls. Or was this a lie also?

Related forum threads

Login to post