论坛

Who will win the World Cup?

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

Who do you think will get out of the group stage? Who will make it through to the quarter finals, semis, and the final?

As the competition goes on we can revisit and see how correct those predictions were.

As always, the results of first few games have made me question some of my assumptions I made before the comp started, e.g. the Netherlands not making it out of their group with Spain and Chile!

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Brazil-Portugal final, Brazil coming out on top and completing the fairy tale! Providing Portugal lose tonight to Germany putting them on the opposite side of the playoffs to Brazil.

Would have put Spain up there before the start, but after that shocker against Netherlands... can't rate them!

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

i love the giant "no racism" billboards. you can actually learn something while watching these matches.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

@blobbles:

Portugal! Interesting! Don't think they have enough quality beyond Ronaldo. I'm looking forward to their game tonight though.

Its hard to guess the final, but I think it'll be Brazil vs somebody! Argentina perhaps?

As for Spain, they have a great pool of talent, yet they play Torres, who has barely scored since leaving Liverpool in January 2011! They need to let the old spine of the team (Casillas, Xavi, Torres) make way for the new spine: De Gea, Iniesta, Diego Costa

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

Well got Brazil to win it possibly against Germany or Argentina in the final, my own team England just making the quarter finals (if lucky).

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

USA is going to win the Superbowl of Soccer. Unless Ghana beats them, then I predict Ghana will win. Oh yeah, what's a group? Is that like a division? And why does a superpower have to play a small African nation? Oh yeah, I'm from the USA by the way. I hope Ghana isn't a Muslim nation, cause if we lose, we might invade. Oh wait, we stopped doing that after we elected our muslim president. Also, why can't they just show the cup on tape delay? We do that all the time for the Olympics. I mean soccer is kinda like the Olympics, not worthy enough to broadcast live if it's like 6am. Finally, why does England always lose? Didn't they invent soccer?

Note, please send all hate mail using the GoKunming Contact Form.www.gokunming.com/en/contact/

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

Why do Americans create sports that they just play against themselves and call it a the world super bowl is a more interesting question, are they scared they gonna end up like England lol
Oh & please refrain from using the term soccer during world cup ;)

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

AlexKMG: hahaha. We always lose because having invented the game we were content to just run around a lot and hoof the ball in the air a lot, rather than playing it as a team game. We seem to be slowly catching on now though..

Related forum threads

Login to post